5/03/2009

ORCB CH1 Exercise

CRCB-CHAPTER1 EXERCISE page 9
Exercise 1aRead each of the following statements and respond to them based on your current reading habits. In the space provided, write yes if the statement correctly describes you, or no if it does not.
1. I know that concentration is a skill that can be learned. YES

2. I have a study area, complete with study supplies, and this area is used only for studying. NO

3. I try to concentrate as I read, but my mind usually drifts to other things, such as bills I have to pay or people I have to call. YES

4. If I get angry, I am unable to concentrate on my reading. YES

5. I know how to minimize all distractions. NO

6. I cannot read unless my house, or study environment, is immaculate. NO

7. I have a system to let others know when I am reading and that I do not want to be disturbed. NO

8. I lose concentration easily when I am bored with what I’m reading. YES


page11Exercise 1b Indicate in the space provided whether you think each of the following activities is an active a or passive p learning strategy and explain why. The first one is modeled for you:
1 Copying down everything your professor says. p
Most of professors don't want you to write down everything they say.

2 Revising lecture notes. A
Rewrite and chang can help you understand my lecture notes better.

3 Reviewing sections of your textbook by summarizing and reciting information. A
Reciting information aloud helps me to remember.

4 Reading each chapter straight through. p
Reading a chapter straight through means just accepting the words as I see them.

5 Always begin reading by previewing each chapter and developing questions to help you focus. A

Questions helps me anticipate author's thought

6 Testing yourself on the information in your notes. A
If I test myself,I can see. If I Learned information.

No comments:

Post a Comment